enables you to get to the heart of your concerns more quickly.
WHAT IS A
Our family and couple consultations provide a supportive and collaborative space for you to explore and work out what to do about your concern. They can be used as an alternative to regular therapy sessions. They can also provide a space to explore if and what type of regular therapy is likely to be most beneficial for you. Family and couple consultations are suitable for parents wanting to work on their own issues and for adults interested in a therapeutic assessment or who are interested in exploring the possibility of therapy. *Please note that consultations are only appropriate for non-emergency situations in which there is no current risk of harm such as suicide, domestic violence or abuse. Clients should approach their GP for guidance in an emergency.
We have put together some resources to help explain
what you can expect from an online Consultation.
If you decide you would like to progress to more regular weekly therapy sessions we can help you identify an appropriate therapist in your area or our sister company, Shortland Psychology Associates can provide this from our Whitstable base in Kent or online.
How to Book a Consultation
Please email email@example.com to book a consultation or to ask any questions about booking. We can help:
- Choose your psychologist – All of our psychologists are experienced in working with adults and families. However, some psychologists have particular interests that might mean they are better suited for your needs.
- Consider a discovery session before booking a consultation – If you are unsure about jumping straight into a consultation, you can book a half hour session with your chosen psychologist to briefly discuss your concerns and prepare for your consultation. For example, you could consider which issues you want to prioritise.
- Book a consultation – we can help you choose the type of consultation best suited to your needs.
- Prepare for the consultation – we will send you an invoice and a form for your contact details, concerns and goals for the session.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment or to ask any questions about booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our consultation services:
- Free 15-minute phone call: If you are not sure which of our online programmes or consultations is right for you or your family, book in a free 15-minute chat with Dr Andrea Shortland to discuss this.
- Discovery session (30 minutes) £70: This session is to make sure that a consultation is right for you and to prepare for the session to ensure that you get the most from it. You can discuss who might be involved in a family consultation session, which issues to prioritise and highlight any topics that might be sensitive to discuss for your family.
- Consultation (60 minutes) £130: A 60-minute consultation is to explore one issue with the Psychologist, who can provide some guidance and suggestions at the end. Or if you have completed one of our online programmes, this session could be used as support in how to implement ideas or strategies. Please note that this session does not provide enough time to explore complex issues or for more than one person in the session.
- Consultation (90 minutes + 30 minutes) £249: A 90 minute consultation is to explore your concerns in detail with the Psychologist – you should come away with a better understanding of what is going on and why. This is followed by a 30 minute session so the Psychologist can provide you with some conclusions, ideas and strategies to take away.
Terms and Conditions
- Consultations are only appropriate for non-emergency situations where there is no current risk of harm such as suicide. domestic violence or abuse. Clients should approach their GP for guidance in an emergency.
- Please note that the fee is non-refundable. We can offer to rearrange the consultation in case of unforeseen circumstances but at least 48 hours notice must be provided.
Family Consultation Videos
Family Consultations - “Why and when do families seek help”
Family Consultations - “What would we talk about in two sessions”
Family Consultations - “But it is an issue with my child not my family”
Family Consultation - Family Work with Dementia