Online Adult Consultations
WHAT IS AN ADULT
Our online Adult Consultations provide a supportive and collaborative space for you to explore and work out what to do about your concern. They can be used as an alternative to regular therapy sessions. They can also provide a space to explore if and what type of regular therapy is likely to be most beneficial for you. An Adult Consultation is suitable for parents wanting to work on their own issues and for adults interested in a therapeutic assessment or who are interested in exploring the possibility of therapy. *Please note that Adult Consultations are only appropriate for non-emergency situations in which there is no current risk of harm such as suicide, domestic violence or abuse. Clients should approach their GP for guidance in an emergency.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN OUR ONLINE ADULT
If you decide you would like to progress to more regular weekly therapy sessions we can help you identify an appropriate therapist in your area or our sister company, Shortland Psychology Associates can provide this from our Whitstable base in Kent or online.
How to Book an Adult Consultation
- Choose your psychologist – All of our psychologists are experienced in working with adults and families. However, some psychologists have particular interests that might mean they are better suited for your needs. If you are not sure who to choose, you can book in for a free 15 minute chat with Dr Andrea Shortland or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss this with you.
- Consider a Discovery Session – If you are unsure about jumping straight into an Adult Consultation, book a half hour session for £49 with your chosen psychologist to briefly discuss your concerns and prepare for your first consultation. For example, you could consider which issues you want to prioritise.
- Book your Initial Consultation – Choose your psychologist and a time that suits and book yourself in using our online booking system. Initial Adult Consultations cost £249 for a 90 minute session and a 30 minute feedback session.
- Complete a form – You will receive an email with a form about your concerns and your goals.
- Plan the feedback session – During the first session, your psychologist will book in the 30 minute follow up session. This session is to obtain their feedback and recommendations (this is included in the cost of your Consultation).
Book an appointment
You can now book an appointment online. Please use the booking system below to book a session with one of our Psychologists. If you have any questions before booking, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Consultations are only appropriate for non-emergency situations where there is no current risk of harm such as suicide. domestic violence or abuse. Clients should approach their GP for guidance in an emergency.
- Please note that the fee is non-refundable. We can offer to rearrange the consultation in case of unforeseen circumstances but at least 48 hours notice must be provided.